Living with a life-threatening illness, or providing care for a loved one as they near end of life, can be very difficult. At Chatham-Kent Hospice we are here to help. Our dedicated and experienced staff and volunteers are honoured to serve our residents and their loved ones.
Hospice Palliative Care is a philosophy of care, which focuses on comfort, quality of life, and supporting the precious moments families will share with as their loved one during their final days together. Hospice care is not as much about dying as it is about living – living each day and each moment to the fullest. We are there to help our residents live each day with dignity and honour by providing compassionate, end-of- life care in a home-like setting.
The hospice includes ten fully furnished suites, with state of the art medical equipment and room for family members to stay overnight if they wish. Additional spaces in the hospice include family gathering and meal spaces, a bereavement support area, Courtyard, resource library and meeting rooms. The overall design allows us the flexibility to grow new outreach programs and play a role in developing a centre of learning for healthcare providers and the families of Chatham-Kent.
What to expect at Hospice:
- Family and caregivers are welcome to stay overnight
- We welcome visitors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Meals are provided for the residents. Baked goods, treats, soup, coffee and tea are available for visitors
- Residents and families are encouraged to treat the building as their home.
- All programs and services are provided at no cost to residents or their family