Here are the updated guidelines for visitors.
When entering hospice, you will no longer be asked the screening questions by our reception. Instead, we will have the questions posted and will be asking you to sign in and out. By signing in you will be acknowledging that you have self-screened for COVID. Please let our volunteer/staff know if you are experiencing symptoms.
- Unlimited visitors can visit. There will only be five (5) allowed in the room at one time.
- If a sixth (6th) visitor arrives the receptionist/staff will call into the room to see if anyone is leaving so that person can come visit.
- If the resident is in isolation a gown, mask and face shield is also required and must be worn at all timesduring your visit. The face shield and mask can only be removed when you are eating or drinking.
- When the resident is out of isolation face shield is optional.
- If you are a visitor and plan to visit, we encourage you to contact your loved one or their family to see what time would be best.
Reception Desk Hours
The reception desk continues to be staffed between the core hours of 8:30am-8:30pm, 7 days a week. Please note that reception hours may be reduced based on staff or volunteer availability. We ask that any visitors arriving before or after these times, to please be patient with us as staff may be delayed in answering the door if providing care to one of our residents.
We want you to know that our priority is to ensure the safety of our residents, visitors, volunteers, physicians and employees while continuing to provide excellent care and services. Our staff appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping us deliver safe care to you and your loved one. As always, thank you for entrusting us with the care of your loved one. It is truly an honour and our privilege.