We have continued to monitor COVID-19 in our community and although the virus remains in the community, we feel it is time to move forward to a ‘new normal’ and learn to live with Covid-19. We, at Chatham-Kent Hospice, understand the importance of being present with loved ones as they embark on their end-of-life journey.
Here are the updated guidelines for visitors.
Screening and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Rapid testing will no longer be required. All visitors will continue to be actively screened with each visit which includes:
- Answer the screening questions provided at arrival.
- If you fail the screening, you will be required to wear mask, shield, and gown and stay in the resident’s room for the duration of your visit.
- Perform hand hygiene
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask at a minimum.
For those wearing additional protection:
- Please remove your gown inside of the resident’s room, place in the receptacle and complete hand hygiene before walking through Hospice. A new gown should be applied when returning into the resident’s room.
- Please remember when you exit hospice, leave your face shield in appropriate container at the reception desk.
- Unlimited visitors can visit. There will only be five (5) allowed in the room at one time.
When entering hospice you need to make sure that the receptionist or staff sign you in. When leaving please make sure to tell the receptionist/staff, even if it’s going outside for a cigarette. If a sixth (6th) visitor arrives the receptionist/staff will call into the room to see if anyone is leaving so that person can come visit.
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask. If the resident is in isolation a gown and face shield is also required and must be worn at all times during your visit. The face shield and mask can only be removed when you are eating or drinking.
- When the resident is out of isolation face shield is optional.
- If you are a visitor and plan to visit, we encourage you to contact your loved one or their family to see what time would be best
Reception Desk Hours
The reception desk continues to be staffed between the core hours of 8:30am-8:30pm, 7 days a week. Please note that reception hours may be reduced based on staff or volunteer availability. We ask that any visitors arriving before or after these times, to please be patient with us as staff may be delayed in answering the door if providing care to one of our residents.
We want you to know that our priority is to ensure the safety of our residents, visitors, volunteers, physicians and employees while continuing to provide excellent care and services. Our staff appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping us deliver safe care to you and your loved one. As always, thank you for entrusting us with the care of your loved one. It is truly an honour and our privilege.