During this pandemic Chatham-Kent Hospice understands the additional stress families face having a loved one at end of life. We strive to maintain an atmosphere dedicated to compassionate care that is both safe and welcoming.
The following visitor guidelines continue to ensure the health and safety of our team and each family at Hospice.
- 2 designated persons may visit at any time
- 2 rotating persons may each visit once per day during reception hours
- When the resident is within their last hours to days of life (PPS 10%), additional visitors are allowed (maximum of 5 persons at one time). More details will be shared upon admission.
Now that the cooler weather has arrived and the outside spaces cannot be utilized as much, we have reopened additional indoor common spaces. Visitors are asked to check in with Hospice Reception before using these spaces so we can monitor and maintain cleaning protocols.
- Great Room- available for use by up to 4 visitors/families
- Family Room (upstairs) – for use by one family at a time
- Visitor Washroom/Shower Room – available for use
- Reflection Room – continues to be available
All Hospice visitors are screened prior to entering the building. The process remains unchanged. They must
- Undergo and pass the screening questions (view our screening questions here)
- Perform hand hygiene
- Wear a mask (cloth masks are available for use)
- Additional personal protective equipment (for example a supplied gown or gloves) may be required as recommended by the clinical staff